Just a quick reminder, you’ll always need those main
things; motivation, discipline and consistency, keep
finding ways to get and stay motivated, until the list
is so long you’re consistently ready to go every single
day and get that checklist done, and that’s not just
for the gym but that’s also for life!
I’m not going to eat that!
My alarm rang, I’m getting out of bed!
Today I’m going to work my legs!
I’m not supposed to drink soda today so I will not drink this!
It’s time to go to work!
It’s time to start my second set!
I’m supposed to do 15 reps (repetitions)!
The report is due in three days so I‘ll finish it now!
I’m not going to argue with this person!
I’m going to drive the speed limit!
As you can see these concepts work very well in every day Life!
Doing what needs to be done, whether you like it or not!
Well when you put it like that it actually sounds a lot like integrity, but either way sometimes working out might actually feel like working an actual job. Being mentally or physically tired, not being able to find the right song, having a few bad conversations, or just not feeling good in your own skin can make it hard to get that chest pump or blast out those box jumps. My odd suggestion; tell yourself that you love yourself while also being honest with yourself about the things that you need to work on internally, and tell yourself; “yea, I can do this!”
Photo by 🇸🇮 Janko FerličHire
Can’t I just eat right, or I mean, can’t I just eat a little better than yesterday?
Even if you just want to get toned, you have to have muscle to tone muscle, you can’t tone what you don’t have, so build some lean muscle so you can sculpt your body. Have you ever seen anyone with flabby arms, flabby legs and rock hard six pack abs?… Me neither, getting lean is a total body process. You want hard boiled eggs you’ve got to boil the water too!
Well unless you’ve got one of those fancy air cookers, but you get the point.
Online you see all these groups of people going out early in the morning and getting that perfect sweat, but maybe you don’t feel like that, maybe you don’t feel like that at all…
- Calories continue to burn long after you’ve finished strength training.
- Your skin tugor will increase, allowing you to lose weight with less stretch marks.
- Your bone density will increase, giving you stronger bones.
- It strengthens your abdominal and back muscles. (Which is also good for child birth…just saying)
- Reduced chance of Gastrational diabetes. (high blood sugar that can affect your pregnancy and your baby’s health)
- It causes the release of endorphins, which decrease worry, stress, and depression to boost your overall mood.
- Muscles bun calories when you’re awake AND in your sleep.
- Resistance training increases the production of growth hormone.
- OH forgot to mention, the above will make you look younger!
Photos by Bruce Mars